Today I’m going to focus on the emotional benefits of meditation. How meditation eliminates some bad emotional habits that we are used to; bad routines of the mind that we don’t think further about when they occur. We just get lost inside of them and so on, we recreate them over and over again.
When you start meditating on a regular basis you will start noticing changes in your behavior and in your way of thinking. You will start realizing how your mind works and the source of some thoughts, feelings and behaviors. When you realize that, you will stop recreating all the bad habits, in a natural way, without forcing yourself. Here are some things that you will stop thinking and doing.
Here are some things that you will stop thinking and doing.
- Thinking of others’ lives. You will stop analyzing and talking about other people. The focus will be mostly on yourself and not on the others.
The reason why many people are unhappy is because they don’t focus on themselves. In conclusion, they don’t know themselves, so they cannot understand why they are unhappy and fix that. Think about it. It’s not very common to see a happy person analyzing and focusing other people’s lives.
- Feeling jealousy. You will start to feel admiration instead of jealousy for other people. This comes as a result of stop focusing on others and start focusing on yourself.By this, I obviously don’t mean not caring about the others and just thinking of yourself.
I mean stop thinking and feeling envy of others peoples achievements and start feeling inspired instead; and start focusing on yourself to gain more self-knowledge.This will make you realize that everyone has a different background and the circumstances that brought that specific person or any person to success, are different from yours.
Each and one of us has to deal with different obstacles in our everyday life and besides that, the words “obstacle” and “struggle” can have different meanings for everyone. That’s why it’s not good viewing the world only from our own self-centered point of view.
Meditation will make you less judgemental, more objective and see yourself as a part of the whole; therefore much more difficult to feel jealousy.
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
- Being anxious. The modern way of living keeps our minds and lives occupied during the whole day, resulting much more anxiety and restlessness.
With meditation, you teach your mind another way of being. A way where your mind doesn’t have to be occupied with thoughts all the time. A mind that is relaxed and free from unnecessary thoughts.
- Being stressful. By meditating you will reduce stress. You will understand how meaningless the things that create us stress are and you will start to deal with life in another way.
Teaching your mind to be free from unnecessary thoughts has as a result reducing the stress and having a deep understanding of how your mind create these situations and changing that.
- As a result of being unhappy comes the next one. Having low self-esteem.
Low self-esteem is often the result of not doing what you are meant to do in life. By that, I mean that if you do something that you don’t really like or if you pretend to be someone you’re not (but you’re just doing that because everybody expects that from you) you end up having low self-esteem. If you absolutely LOVE what you’re doing, low self-esteem and negative feelings don’t exist.
Don’t hesitate to share your story and how meditation has changed your life. Leave a comment below. 🙂